Golden Gate Half Marathon
Saturday, November 7th, 2015
Golden Gate Half Expo & Packet Pickup - Herbst Pavilion, Fort Mason Center, San Francisco
More info on the Golden Gate Half Expo here »
Sunday, November 8th, 2015
Start & Finish Location - Aquatic Park waterfront, San Francisco
Half Marathon Start - 7:00am
Festival Begins - 8:10am
- Entry fees are non-refundable and non-transferable. No exceptions.
- Once we receive and accept your entry, you will not receive a refund if you cannot participate, you may not give or sell your race number to anyone else, and you may not transfer your entry fee to future races.
- If you attempt to sell your race number, you may not be able to participant in future events.
- You must be at least 12 years old to participate in the Half Marathon. If accompanied by a parent or guardian, any age can participate in the Family funK.
- You must be in good health.
- You must show photo ID to receive your race number and timing chip.
- You must pick up your own race packet and race number at the Golden Gate Half Expo.
- Race numbers are required to participate.
- No bikes, in-line skates, skateboards, baby joggers or dogs will be allowed on the course.
Course Time Limits
To ensure that roads reopen to vehicular traffic at the scheduled times, the course time limits will be strictly enforced. Participants must maintain a pace of 14:00 min / per mile to finish the 13.1 miles in under 3 hours. A cut-off location will be enforced on the course; runners or walkers who do not reach the cut-off location by this time will be stopped and shuttled to the finish line area.
Our Medical Team is a dedicated group of multidisciplinary medical professionals, available to help assess your race day medical needs and administer acute first aid when necessary. Numerous medical stations will be located at the Finish as well as at the start and along the course.
Gear check will be available near the start line for your pre-race/post-race clothing. While you run, it'll be held securely while you Run the Bay across the Golden Gate Bridge. When you finish, simply return to the same location to claim your belongings.
Please note: DO NOT leave valuables, cash or jewelry in your gear bag. The event is not responsible for any lost items. Gear bags must be claimed before close of the Finish Line Festival on race day.
Once you cross the finish line, you'll enter a secure participant only area. In the Runner Zone, you'll rehydrate, refuel as well as be awarded your well deserved finisher's medal. Be sure to grab all your goodies, because once you exit this area, you can't re-enter. Besides, there's a party going on and its time to celebrate.
COURSE & VENUE
The Golden Gate Half Marathon has the same course as its inception in 2002.
The race kicks off on the waterfront in Aquatic Park on historic Muni Pier with sweeping views of Alcatraz and the Golden Gate Bridge.
The course travels through the Marina, Crissy Field, the Presidio and across the famous Golden Gate Bridge — out east, returning west - exposing breathtaking sights of the San Francisco cityscape & coastline.
You’ll return along the Golden Gate Promenade, up through Fort Mason and to the grand musical finish in Aquatic Park.
Click to download the official Golden Gate Half Course Map PDF.
Click to view our online Interactive Course Map:
You’ve crossed the finish line on the waterfront in Aquatic Park and met with local volunteers placing a finisher’s medal around your neck. As you are catching your breath, you’re awarded with a commemorative reusable bottles, hot food and escorted to celebrate your accomplishment in the beer garden.
At the RunSF Festival, we’ve assembled a local collection of music, food, beer & wine to reflect the spirit of San Francisco’s culture.
The festival celebration is open to the public. Everyone is welcome to cheer on the runners, experience San Francisco hospitality and celebrate everything this great town has to offer.
- Gorgeous course showcasing the San Francisco Bay and waterfront, Crissy Field,
the Presidio, and of course the Golden Gate Bridge.
- Commemorative, reusable Water Bottle
- Gender Specific Technical Shirt (one you’ll actually wear)
- Awesome Finisher’s Medal (we’re talking serious hardware)
- Free Admission to the post-race RunSF Festival
(the reason we all run, right?)
- More to come!
Parking: Garages & Maps
Bay Area Trip Planner: http://tripplanner.transit.511.org
Our friends at VO2MAX Sports Science have put together 12-week Half Marathon Training Plans for beginner and intermediate levels, to help you prepare to Run SF!
Download the Beginner Training Program
Download the Intermediate Training Program
Training programs courtesy of:
Join A Runner’s Mind to get Golden Gate Half-ready with training runs throughout the week. Leaving from their San Francisco store, they meet Thursdays (hill repeats) and Tuesdays at 7pm and Saturdays at 9am.
For more information on happenings at both their San Francisco and Burlingame stores, check out their Facebook page.